Friday, April 6, 2012

Quotes and Problem Solving

Grady's most recent quotes:

Last night at dinner while Kris was making him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich because he didn't want the food we made him the first time.... "I'm gonna need some jelly on that, Kris!"

While chatting this morning as I pushed him on the swing and his flip flop strap kept coming loose. I said we need to buy you some new flip flops, we could go to Old Navy or Target or Wal Mart.... his response, "Probably Home Depot."

When Kris got him out of bed the other morning Grady said, "We should play golf today, Grady, Daddy and Grandpa."


Also, he's been a problem solver for quite awhile now. Like carrying around a laundry basket and turning it upside to turn on and off light switches, climb up onto the counter to get chips or anything, dig in the junk drawer,  or climb onto our bed. The laundry basket turned into kris's step ladder that he uses for the same purposes as well as to slam dunk his little tike basketball. Yesterday, he was out back playing by himself and I didn't hear him for a bit. I walked around to the side yard, and he had moved the lawn furniture foot rest over to the gate and unlatched it.... was a few steps onto the driveway. I could have been the mom on 9 news arrested because someone found a 2 year old wandering on the street alone. Awesome. Good thing I think he's cute.

We'll be getting a latch for the gate. ASAP.

No comments: