Sunday, May 5, 2013

We Can't Find Our Camera.... 

...so these are some pics from my cell phone over the past month. We have searched high and low for the camera all over our house and even called the rec center where I had it last (I think). When quizzing Grady about where the camera is, he asked, " Are you talking about the one with the buttons, that I usually take pictures with? You can just use your phone, mom." He then ran and looked in the drawer where it usually is. (Which means it is a possibility it is shoved in some toolbox somewhere in the depths of the basement). 


We went to the CU spring game one Saturday. As I'm typing this, I'm remembering we took pictures with the real camera at the game. Hmmmm.... they have not been uploaded... is our camera at Folsom Field? 


Lainey bug was quite clingy at the game and it was just the beginning of her starting to not feel great. 
 
Snoozing siblings in mom and dad's bed one morning!
Lainey, the Sunday after the spring game. Kicked out of Sunday school. Mean mom and dad for pretending she was feeling ok:( Poor baby girl!
 

In other Lainey news, it took 19 months, but she has enough hair for pig tails!!! She loves playing with our old Snoopy snow-cone machine with Grandma. 
 
One way Laine and Grady are very different is their sleep habits. When G wakes up (at 5:45 or so) he bolts out of bed and is in our room ready for the day to begin. When he was in a crib, he was screaming for the world to know it was time to get up. L, on the other hand, is usually content to sit in her crib with all of her stuffed animals until someone comes to get her. I truly never believed my friends who spoke of these types of children. Now I have one of my own! Ha!!!
 
Watching Grady at soccer practice.

Friend Time!! Hanging out at our friend's house in their dog kennel. Good times!

Fort Fun!



Zoo time!


Grady these days... Just wrapped up his second session of swim lessons. He came a long way from the first few lessons where he screamed 23 out of the 25 minutes. After 10 lessons or so, he jumps in, can blow bubbles, understands how to make the strokes for the forward and backstroke, even jumped off the board a couple times, and got to swing on the rope too. He passed from Tadpoles to Guppies. So proud:) 


 

Since swimming wrapped up, we are on to soccer. There is a little league for 3 year olds in Lafayette. The first practice was a disaster. He had been sick all week, but I thought he was fine. Sadly, I was very mistaken. He freaked out. Similarly to the first few swim lessons. Screamed the majority of the 45 minute practice, and then sat on my lap for the rest. Needless to say, I am beginning to think these 6 week sessions are much to short for my child who takes a few weeks to warm up to the idea:) 

Practice # 2 was canceled due to snow. I was happy. Week 3 I had a plan. Grady doesn't nap much anymore, but I knew he needed one before soccer practice. We had to decrease our chances of the same disaster a few weeks prior. We all loaded in to the car at 1:00. I was sure he'd be out by 1:15 and everything would be great! Of course, at 1:37, still driving around in circles, he was wide awake.... asking me questions like, "Mom, why are we turning here? Why are we in Hank's neighborhood? We should go back to that park sometime, that's the one we played at with Grandma. Why are you turning here? We live that way. Where are we going?" He is so my kid. But that means NO nap! Long story, but in the end, he was great at soccer and has loved the past two weeks!!! Even though he has no clue you can't use your hands. 
 Funniest part... the next day I met a friend for a walk at 1:00. G came along. 3 minutes into the drive that took 10 minutes he was out. 
  
          

Random shots.... 

   
Sidewalk chalk town!
 
 Lainey likes to weasel her way in to our bed every once in awhile still.... and she loves to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa too. She calls them Dama and Dampa. Cute.




No comments: