Thursday, May 30, 2013

Mom's Day- Memorial Day Snippets



 My mother's day started in my favorite way. Starbucks. Kris ran out and got me coffee and some tulips before church. Laine didn't get kicked out of Sunday school and then Mom, Ash and I spent the afternoon at the mall. It was so fun to have an afternoon with just the 3 of us. Ash, the fashionista, decked mom out in some new clothes for summer. So fun! Afterwards, we went over for some dinner to celebrate some more. G and L look quite similar with the thrilled Happy Mother's Day looks on their faces. 







One night Grandpa went to Sonic and brought us some PB Fudge milkshakes. Maybe Laine and I drank most of them. 


 

What's summertime without some naked tractor driving and riding?






After Grady's soccer practice we met Ash & Brandon at Efrain's. They gave us the special secret back room. I wonder why. :)



 The next few pics are here for future senior slide shows and threats to be made to Grady and Hank in their teenage years. I had all for kids every other Wednesday this school year. It was so fun to see Hank and Grady form a friendship and watch as they learned to play together. I wish I could have recorded their conversations. Hilarious.
Their actions. More hilarious. Not once did they have pants on past 8:23 A.M. Not once did they not remove all the couch cushions from the couch and jump on and off 100X. Not once did they not demand fruit snacks, marshmallows and gold fish while they watched Toy Story. For 15 minutes. (As I encouraged them to watch a little more). Babysitter of the year. Not once did they leave the toys in the basement neat and tidy, but instead placed them all in the pack n' play (their trash truck). Not once did they both take naps at the same time. Or ever. 
Even though they were a handful, I so often looked at them and imagined them as 16 year old boys and 14 year old girls and wished they could somehow know how dang cute they were as sweet, innocent, slightly crazy little kids. Even though they won't remember this year, I will. Loved it. 
 


 


They boys spent Memorial Day weekend doing yard work. It's ok that things may have taken twice as long for Kris to complete. Grady was in heaven. Notice the numerous pics below of the boy and his shovel. 

 


 

Newest purchase. Bike helmet. Bought the 3+ but it sat on top of his head. Went back and bought the 5+. It was better. He must have a large head. 
 Future All-Star. Lainey bug. 




Random shots of both kiddies to round out the post. And a pic of the new spray painted chairs and mom and dad's old kitchen table that fits perfectly in our kitchen. 

 




Now that school is out, maybe I can complete more than one post every few months!!
Happy Summer!!! 



No comments: