Grady’s prayer tonight:
G: Dear God, Thank you for Auntie Ash for making us dinner
tonight. Thank you for Grandma and Grandpa coming to Auntie Ash’s house. Thank
you for Spots and Stripes. Thank you for Mommy. Thank you for Daddy.
Me: What can we ask God to help us with?
G: Being kind. Using kind words.
Me: And using kind hands.
G: Unless someone is mean to me. Then I can use mean hands.
Me: No, you can just walk away.
G: Unless I’m on my bike, then I’d ride away. Fast. So the
mean guy can’t get me.
Me: OK.
G: Thank you for Buzz. And Woody.
Me: Ok, In Jesus name…
G: Amen.
Me: Now it’s time to lay really still. Close our eyes, and
go to sleep.
G: And thank you God for Lainey. Mom, do you hear her, she’s
yelling for you? Realllllly loud mom.
Me: Yes, close your eyes. Lay still. It is our job to go to
sleep now.
G: God, Thank you for Holly. Hank. Walter. Jimmy. Rick.
Andie Kate. (Seriously in that order. Dogs in the middle).
Me: Wow, you named the whole Feger family.
G: Thank you for Auntie Ash for making us dinner tonight.
(Side note: He did not touch the dinner, freaked out and wanted ‘orange’ chips
basically pushed his plate on the floor and had a tantrum throughout the entire
meal).
Me: Amen.
1 comment:
That is adorable. I'm glad that he's so prepared to fight off mean guys. We'll stick with him... ;) xox
Post a Comment