We hit the road at 6:00 on Wednesday morning. Laine, sweet little usual good sleeper of ours, did not sleep a wink of the 9 hour trip (that took 11 hours). Here is how she spent some of her time. She was not grumpy or whiny. She just chose to be awake. The. whole. time.
This guy has a new fear of public restrooms. They are too loud. So he didn't pee in Colby (3.5 hours into the trip). Nor did he pee in Hays (5 hours into the trip). He peed on the side of the road. 7 hours into the trip. Because that makes sense.
We didn't take a picture of us along side the road about 45 minutes away from Grandma's farm. He had to pee again. And poop. But the just kept yelling at the cars that drove by that he needed "PRIVACY!!!" Never did poop.
Day 2 of our trip we took Grady to Worlds of Fun with Brandon, Ash, and Isla. Camp Snoopy was a blast for the kids. Here they are on the roller coaster with dads.
Monster Trucks. Blue one of course!
We left Ash with the kids for a bit while Brandon, Kris and I went to ride a roller coaster. She got some great pics of them on a few rides. Later on, even Ash rode some coasters!
We ate lunch at Coasters a diner in the park and then went to Oceans of Fun afterwards.
My little map reader on the train.
Friday night we headed to Tasha and Trevor's rehearsal dinner. It was in the country up by Grandma's. There was even a 4-wheeler that pulled the kids all around in a wagon.
Bless Kris for spending 99% of the time with the kids so I could talk to my family. He was down at that red tractor forever keeping Grady entertained.
What you can't see is the grease on her hands from hanging on all parts of the old tractor like it was a jungle gym. Look at that belly.
Mom, Grandma, and Aunt Bonnie
The day of the wedding we went downtown to the Plaza before we checked in to our hotel. I hadn't been there for years and was excited to go into some shops and enjoy the fountains. Grady fell asleep on the way there, and since the wedding was that night (and his performance at the rehearsal dinner the night before was less than stellar) we opted to drive around for about an hour and even stopped at a park to let Laine play while he slept. We were desperate. He woke up and we headed to the Plaza. I quickly realized my plan of strolling around wandering through Pottery Barn, Barnes and Noble, and Anthropologie was not going to happen. Instead, we had one boy who demanded to sit in the single stroller we brought for his sister screaming that he could not walk, and a girl who was not content to ride on dad's shoulders like she usually does. (That was all within 3 minutes of exiting the car).
Here is what the remainder of our trip to the Plaza entailed. Walking at warp speed around the block in a circle. Sweating. Looking for food. Eating in a sandwich shop called Potbelly's. Sweating. Getting ice cream at Topsy's. (G chose bubble gum flavored- so I had to suck out the bubble gum and spit it out. I could have said no, but I was already tired and embarrassed of the fit throwing so I chose to give in. Good Parenting 101). Stopping at a fountain to take a pic because I was flustered the whole time I didn't snap a single shot. Me wishing I could just sit on the fancy Starbucks patio and sip an ice cold coffee. And buy a shirt at Anthropologie. Ha! Why I thought that could happen on vacation when it doesn't happen at the mall at home is beyond me!!! I am being a bit dramatic.
Actually, not really, that's how it went.
Actually, not really, that's how it went.
That night, after the day of fun at the Plaza, we headed to Tasha and Trevor's wedding. Here is sweet Lainey bug doing her best Marilyn Monroe on the vent.
Sissies.
The family.
Grandma and me reading the cute fortune tellers with info about Tash and Trevor. Grandma knew most of the tidbits on them!
These two had no idea
our well behaved children spent the majority of
their reception swinging under the table.
Time to dance!!!
On Sunday, we headed back to the farm to relax, hang out, chat, eat and do some 4-wheeling.
Grady let Ash take these pics of him. So cute!
Paige was the best little helper the whole day!
Cousins.
The drive home.... only took 10 hours. Woohooo!!!
G is now a master gum chewer.
This about sums it up.









































No comments:
Post a Comment